Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Super Nanny and the Monkey Wrench

Since the day we brought Logan home from the hospital almost 19 months ago...he has never liked sleeping in his bed.  He would always start off in his bed but would always end up in ours.  We tried everything!  Everything minus letting him cry it out which I refused to do.  When we moved to our new house we started him off in the big boy bed and he took to it pretty well except again he would not stay the whole night.  About a month ago I could not take it any more.  I wanted my bed back!!!  SO I had heard of this Super Nanny idea of putting them to bed with hugs and kisses twice and then after that if they got out of bed it was silence in putting them back.  I was ready!  I didn't care if it took all night!  As per our normal routine we snuggled him to sleep on our bed then took him to his own.  Around midnight he woke up and Super Nanny adventure began.  It took me THREE hours to get him to stay in his bed, at one point he thought it was a game, but he got the hang of it.  The next night it was an hour and a half and from there down to 40 minutes. I was on a roll and Logan was doing great!  AND THEN....the monkey wrench....another ear infection along with some lung crap and high fevers found him back in our bed.  I was sure we would have to start over, but Logan has taken it back like a pro!!!  Even better!  This whole week he has made it in his bed with only at the most two wake ups and they were only minutes long!  Last night he stayed in his bed till 8am.   AWWW!     Daniel and I have not slept this great since......well..... FOREVER!!!!!  Sleep is awesome.  


I sure hope I am not jinxing myself :) 

No comments: